Along with program components designed to address individual family and student needs, CIS also provides Professional Development opportunities for New York City Public School education professionals. These supportive programs are tailored to meet the specific needs of a school community and/or professional group in areas of great need.
Workshops provided have included:
1. Building Effective Crisis Response Teams
2. Supporting the Unsung Heroes: Guidance Counselors and Social Workers
3. Understanding Vicarious Traumatization/ Finding our Resiliency
4. A Day of Recognition: When Endings lead to New Beginnings – Take your Accomplishments with you
5. Building Professional Capacity – On-going Support Groups for school staff